MINUTES JUNE 2018

 Foulridge Parish Council Meeting
Held in the Village Hall on the 4th June 2018 at 7.30pm
MINUTES

1. The Chair opened the meeting

 2. To record apologies and approve absences –
Apologies for late arrival due to previous engagements by G Waugh and T Clark

3. Declarations of interest – None

4.  Residents’ Issues
A resident asked the Council to confirm her place on the allotment waiting list and asked how cultivation and care of the allotments was managed as several seemed to have been abandoned. Cllr Whitfield acknowledged that some allotments were looking neglected and that inspections were underway, but confirmed the list was properly managed and that new allotment tenancies were allocated by the date added to the list. The date of resident’s application was confirmed.

A resident spoke of his concern regarding the Sycamore Trees between Joe Lane and A56 which he feels are causing a hazard by dropping leaves on footpaths and the road pavement. The resident requested the Parish Council write to the Borough Council to request their trimming or removal.  He has support from some other residents nearby.  Most of the land is in private ownership and a portion is the site of the old public toilets.  The Parish Council have no power to take action on either.  Cllr Cannon showed the Land Registry plan.  Cllr Storey has already spoken to the land owner who is happy to receive a letter from the resident. Cllr Storey has already logged the issue of the trees interfering with the street lighting with the Highways Dept.  Cllr Cannon proposed that a letter be written to Pendle Council (as partial owner of the land) and to the owner of the majority of the land to pass on the resident’s concerns. Clerk to attach resident’s letter.

Double parking at school times on Skipton New Road and parking over culvert.
Nigel Keats from the Police advises they have tried to educate families about parking. It was suggested that an appeal is made to the school and  that white batons are used to protect the culvert. Cllar Cannon will investigate white reflective posts.  Peter Atkinson is Traffic Liaison Committee representative and also Drainage and Highways at Pendle Borough Council.

Pendle Polymer’s Traffic
A sign has been erected to direct traffic to the correct entrance to the factory and has been welcomed by nearby residents.

Slipper Hill Campers.  Cllr Waugh will forward a resident’s letter received to the Planning Dept. but the matter is already recorded and ongoing.

5. The Minutes of the last meeting held 14th May 2018 – Approved as a correct record

6. Matters Arising
* Defibrillator Training will take place during the Coffee Morning on  21st June 10.00-12.00.  Some flyers to advertise the event have been printed.  No evening sessions have been arranged yet.
* Flag at the Cenotaph. Cllr Toft now has the key and will erect the newly donated flag tomorrow. There is also a flag that can be erected at the village hall.
* Meeting Dates.  At the last meeting Cllr Knowles suggested changing the date of the meeting where it clashes with bank holidays rather than delaying. Next year however, the dates will be less of a problem so it was agreed this won’t be necessary.
* A donation has been received to cover the cost of a real Christmas Tree for the village for the next five years of £7,500. The Councillors expressed their gratitude for this extremely generous donation and a letter will be sent to the donor.
* Lime Kiln on the Canal Wharf – The Kiln is neither owned by Café Cargo or the Canal & Rivers Trust and is now in a mess with litter.  G Cannon will contact Handyman to see if a tidy up can be done. As the kiln is an interesting historical feature of the village the Council decided that quotes should be sought for a new information board to replace the one that has become illegible.
* Breeze Cottage. To update at next meeting

7. Clerk vacancy – Clerk D Cocker is to resign her post on 30th June 2018 due to pressure of other work commitments.  The Council agreed that subject to discussion and interview by Cllrs Storey and Knowles, a previously interviewed candidate who is available from 1st August 2018 would be offered the post.

8. Pendle Council/LCC reports.
The Council have formed a Sub-committee to bid for a grant from PBC. The projects to be considered by the Sub-committee are currently ; Village Pond (formerly known as the duck pond), community garden, field E, Football field, MUGA (playground) flooded path, lime kiln.

9. Applications for Planning & Highways
Weekly lists circulated prior to meeting.
No comments made.

10. Allotments – Cllr Whitfield –
The provision of a skip has been requested by the Allotment Committee to be paid by the Parish Council.  Approved.

No real progress has been made on estimates for work on the community garden. Following further discussion it was proposed that the Council pay the premium to set up public liability insurance to allow Cllr Whitfield to undertake the work voluntarily with his own heavy machinery at a cost of approximately £400. The benefit will be that not only can the community garden site be cleared but that work to clear an additional parking space can be carried out and potentially other work around the village for a whole year. It was felt that Contractors’ fees for any portion of this work would undoubtedly be in excess of this amount.

Clerk to check lease for wording of non-cultivation and to write to the tenant of Plot 15.

11. Horticulture – Cllr Clark –
Planters have been more widely spaced at request of Pendle Borough Council. The begonia plants will all be out in next ten days. The large planters opposite Four Elephants are going to need some maintenance at end of growing season. Volunteers for watering are needed.

12. Area champions – Cllr Cannon –
The village continues to look in good order with minimal litter.

13. Website, Transparency Code – Cllr Knowles –
Work continues to meet requirements for the GDPR and Transparency Code.  The period of public scrutiny was approved as 25th June to 4th August.

 14. Calendars & Newsletters – Cllr Storey.
The 2019 Calendars are ready.  Five calendars to be placed in each of the retail outlets and pubs for sale at £6 each including card envelope.

a. Best Gardens and Allotments
During July and August Councillors will be walking round the village looking at roadside gardens.  There will be a prize for best garden and a runner up prize.
Councillors will also be looking at the allotments and there will be a prize for best Allotment and Most Improved Allotment.

b. Jo Cox Great Get Together Free Event
Afternoon Tea in the Village Hall on Sunday 24th June 2.00pm – 4.00 pm.  Trawden String Quartet will play.  Donations for the Village Hall gratefully accepted.

c. Mini Antiques Road Show
Sunday 19th August 2018 from 12.00 – 4.00 pm in the Village Hall.  Admission £2 includes one free valuation.  Further valuations at £2 each. Refreshments available.

15. Cricket Club Lease –
The Working group met on 15th May following 14th May Parish Meeting. There were lots of positives, the gap in the fencing has been repaired, troughing repairs are planned. The Cricket Club representatives acknowledged the work the Parish Council had done in answering queries and developing the lease.  There are two outstanding items, the length of lease and cost.  A ten year rolling lease is proposed and the Cricket Club agrees that the Council shouldn’t lose money by hosting the Club. Proposals will be presented to their committee one week today.  The Council thanked Cllr Knowles for his colossal effort to drive this to a conclusion.

16. Finance
a. Balance of accounts
Balance Current A/c at 02/06/2018= £3596.99
Balance Savings A/c (Contingency) at 02/06/2018 = £20000.00
b.  Authorisation of payments – Eleven items were approved for payment
Total = £2510.86                                                                              

Payment Schedule to approve at Meeting 4th June 2018                                                              

  Description Date Amount Chq No. Budget ID HMRC
1 Foulridge Playing Fields Rates PBC 04/06/2018 39.00 1130 31  
2 Trav Exp B Knowles LALC Training 30/05/2018 29.70 1129

 

53  
3 S Burnett Caretaker Salary Mth 2 04/06/2018 253.72 BACS 28 nil
4 D Cocker, Clerk Salary Mth 2 04/06/2018 314.64 BACS 26 78.60
5 HMRC PAYE 04/06/2018 78.60 BACS 29  
6 Refund T Clark Horticulture 04/06/2018 89.21 1128 38  
7 Trav Exp T Clark 04/06/2018 40.05 1128 53  
8 Zurich FPC Annual Public Liability Ins 18/19 04/06/2018 1352.41 BACS 25  
9. Refund D Cocker, box file,  paper, archive boxes 04/06/2018 14.33 BACS 27  
10. S Waite Handyman inv. 16/05/2018 04/06/2018 143.20 BACS 42  
11 Mercer Print Calendars 04/06/2018 156.00 BACS    
    Total 2510.86

 

     

c. External Audit – Review and approval of Annual Governance Statement
The Annual Governance Statement (APGAR) was reviewed and approved unanimously.  The statement signed by Chair and the Clerk as appropriate.
The Annual Accounting Statement was reviewed and approved unanimously. The statement signed by Chair and the Clerk as appropriate.
The Standing Orders – The Standing Orders had been perused at the time the Financial Regulations were reviewed but no formal review has been recorded since 2014.  The Clerk will circulate and add to Agenda for next meeting.

17. New projects for consideration-
A Summer Stroll around the village was proposed, nothing strenuous, perhaps two to three hours.  Cllr Cannon will plan a suitable walk.

18. To consider and agree on work for the handyman
Handyman is repairing the gap between cricket field and football field left following tree felling.
The Wharf dog poo bags dispenser needs attention.

19. Annual playground inspection.
Letter from Pendle Borough Council re Annual Playground Inspection Agreement and fee of £55.  Monthly inspection cost approx. 180.00. – Approved.

20. Any Other Business
Payment not on Schedule: Payment to G Cannon approved  – Land registry search fee £12 approved.
Cllr Cannon has found a large Village map dating from 1800s in the archives which he displayed to the meeting.  The Council agreed it was an historic document of interest to residents and that subject to approval of cost, it should be framed up for display in the Village Hall. Cllr Cannon will get an estimate.

Date and time of the next meeting – There is a recess during the month of July.  The next meeting is Monday 6th August 2018 at 7.30

Members of the public are welcome to attend this meeting.  Please contact Deborah Cocker on 01282 867474 prior to the meeting if you wish to speak on a particular topic.

Foulridge Parish Council Meeting
To be held in the Village Hall on the 4th June 2018 at 7.30pm

AGENDA

  1. The Chair opens the meeting
  2. To record apologies and approve absences
  3. Declarations of interest
  4. Residents’ Issue
    a. Sycamore Trees – Mr R. Noon
  5. To approve the Minutes of the last meeting held 14th May 2018 as a correct record
  6. Matters Arising
  7. Clerk vacancy – Moving forward – Clerk & Cllr Storey
  8. Pendle Council/LCC reports.
  9. Applications for Planning & Highways – Weekly lists circulated prior to meeting.
  10. Allotments – Cllr Whitfield
  11. Horticulture – Cllr Clark
  12. Area champions – Cllr Cannon
  13. Website, Transparency Code – Cllr Knowles
  14. Calendars & Newsletters – Cllr Storey
  15. Cricket Club Lease
  16. Finance
    a. Balance of accounts
    b. Authorisation of payments
    c. External Audit – Review and approval of Annual Governance Statement
    d. Standing Orders
  17. New projects for consideration
  18. To consider and agree on work for the handyman
  19. Annual Playground Inspection – to agree to order the inspection from PBC
  20. Any Other Business

Date and time of the next meeting – Monday 6th August 2018 at 7.30

Members of the public are welcome to attend this meeting.  Please contact Deborah Cocker on 01282 867474 prior to the meeting if you wish to speak on a particular topic.

**************

 Foulridge Village Hall Committee Meeting 4th June 2018
Held in Foulridge Village Hall at 7pm
MINUTES

1.Welcome, Apologies and Declarations of Interest

2. Apologies for late arrival due to previous engagements by G Waugh and T Clark

3. Minutes of the Last Meeting held 14th May 2018
Amend item re Protec Inspection as there was no issue with smoke alarms (see inspection report) – Minutes have been amended.

4. Matters Arising
Protec report on works to repair fire safety,  Clerk to to seek an additional quote for the work and a quote for a new system at same time. Kilblaze Fire Protection 866016

The leaking water pump to the trough outside has been repaired.

5. Village Hall Report – S Burnett
Bookings continue to come in for parties see monthly report. No other issues. Green bins have been requested to be removed on 3 occasions. They have been filled with builders waste by unknown persons.

6. Finance Report
£116.25 users’ groups cash paid to Clerk to bank. Receipt issued.
Bank Balance 18/05/2018 = £8032.68

7. Authorisation of Payments
Payments as per Payment Schedule were approved – 4 items totalling £281.30

PAYMENT SCHEDULE TO APPROVE

4th June 2018

Waterplus 27/05/2018 12.77 904 13
Protec(VAT on last invs.) 04/06/2018 38.93 905 16
Waterplus Jan-April water & wastewater 04/06/2018 146.24 906 13
PBC Annual Waste removal 04/0/2018 83.36 907 16

8. AOB
The Village Hall Yard looks very good following work by the Handyman.

Date of Next Meeting Monday 6th August 2018 at 7 pm.

Foulridge Village Hall Committee Meeting 4th June 2018
To be held in Foulridge Village Hall at 7pm

AGENDA

1. Welcome, Apologies and Declarations of Interest

2. Minutes of the Last Meeting held 14th May 2018

3. Matters Arising

4. Village Hall Report – S Burnett

5. Finance Report
a. Balance of Account
b. Authorisation of Payments

5. AOB

Date of Next Meeting Monday 6th August 2018 at 7 pm.